Chocolate-Raspberry Paleo Vegan Truffles
In 2009, I thought it would be a good idea to make these truffles as gifts for friends for Christmas. Unfortunately, it was not. This isn’t because they weren’t friggin’ fantastic—they are. The issue that I had was that they were so good that they never made it out of the house. I’m either a terrible friend, or an awesome Chocolate Raspberry Paleo Vegan Truffles maker.
1/2 Cup softened Coconut oil
3/4 cup Honey
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup shredded coconut
2 1/2 cups sifted cocoa powder
1/2 cup Raspberry Jelly
* Optional Macadamia Nuts (halved or whole)
1. Blend the warmed coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and salt in a blender until smooth.
2. Transfer into a bowl and stir in 2 cups of the sifted cocoa powder, and put into the refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow it to “set”.
3. Place the remaining 1/2 cup of cocoa powder into a bowl or a plate.
4. Once the chocolate mixture is “set” roll about a tablespoon at a time into small balls, and roll the balls in the cocoa powder.
5. Fill the food syringe with raspberry jelly and inject the truffles. Store in the fridge.
Optional: Press a macadamia nut into the center of the truffle and roll into a ball.
Recipe by Karen Pendergrass