Perhaps one of the most iconic staples of breakfast for centuries has just been plain yogurt and granola with fruit. Being on a PaleoVegan diet shouldn’t prevent you from having this for breakfast either! So for this trick, we’re going to show you exactly how to make the perfect PaleoVegan yogurt in your own home using some easily acquired ingredients.
Once the PaleoVegan yogurt base is made, you can add your favorite PaleoVegan toppings— from dried fruit, nuts, berries, and even PaleoVegan granola and maple syrup.
- 3 (13 oz) Full-Fat Coconut Milk cans, chilled
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean
- 1.5 Teaspoon Agar Agar Powder
- 4 probiotic capsules
- Glass jars with lids, for storing the yogurt
- Measuring spoons
- Medium saucepan
- Yogurt Maker ( optional )
- Make sure all of your equipment is very clean.
- If the yogurt develops a discoloration on its surface, do not eat it. This indicates contamination.
- Preheat oven to 150°F and then turn off.
- Ensure that your Jars are as clean as possible by placing them in boiling water for 5 minutes, using a clean utensil to remove them. Alternatively, you can pour boiling water in them, and pour it out after 5 minutes, or run it through a hot cycle in a dishwasher.
- Pour contents of coconut milk cans into a medium saucepan, and whisk until well blended.
- Sprinkle the agar agar to over the coconut milk. To avoid clumping, do not stir.
- On a medium setting, heat the coconut milk until it begins to simmer. Turn down to low.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the agar agar has completely dissolved, whisking every 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat for 15 minutes.
- Add probiotics and maple sugar, whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into clean jars, and close with lids.
- Place into yogurt maker, dehydrator at 100°F, or on top of a heating pad between two napkins for 24 hours.
- Chill the yogurt for 12 hours.
A translucent layer will have formed at the bottom of the yogurt. You may stir this in, or you may scoop off the top layer for thicker yogurt. Keep refrigerated. Top with your favorite granola, maple syrup or fruits, nuts, berries, and seeds for an incredible PaleoVegan treat!