Rosemary Roasted Roots
Warm in the winter, cool in the summer, this Paleo Vegan Diet recipe for Rosemary Roasted Roots is perfect for any time of the year, featuring Carrots, Beets, Potatoes, Purple Onions, savory Rosemary, and a Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- I bunch of medium sized beets, sliced half-inch thick.
- 1/2 lb small carrots peeled, or quartered lengthwise and cut into 4-5 inch sticks
- 1/2 lb small potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 medium purple onion sliced one inch thick.
- 4 sprigs of Rosemary
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a roasting pan with parchment paper.
- Place the beets, carrots, potatoes, onions and rosemary in the pan, and rub with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 1 to 2 hours, depending on the desired firmness or tenderness. Check doneness with tines of a fork.
- Remove from the oven.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix 1/4 cup of Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
- Add roots and onions, and mix
- Finish with cracked black pepper and serve.